So another new milestone has entered into our home yesterday and we are not sure whether to be super excited about it or not. See, Caitlyn is a unique soul and she just lives in her own little world and we are privileged to be part of it, when she chooses! About a month ago she started crawling and then about 2 weeks ago she really started to take off and start exploring the world around her. So she discovered the stairs and at first that was a great thing. She learned how to pull herself up and liked to just hang out there because she was standing, since crawling has all ready become old news to her she wants to walk now! So she would hang out on the floor leaning against the bottom stair.
There were a few attempts to climb them but were never successful and Caitlyn would just get distracted and move on. That was until yesterday... In the morning she made it up her first step and we were all very excited and clapping and that was all she could do until last night...I was getting dinner ready and Mike was mowing the lawn and I was being an inattentive parent when I went over and found that she had climbed two steps...
So I went and got Mike so that he could see and so that he could watch her so I could take pictures. She then proceeded to climb up all 17 steps. 17, that is crazy, and they are steep steps that I am scared I am going to fall down all the time. So needless to say Mike and I were very proud and very scared at the same time, she's not supposed to be doing this for another couple of months. So now we have to barricade and watch her more closely, no more inattentive days for me.
She then tried to go back down the stairs, which didn't go over very well. Oh and right before the stairs incident she was doing this by the fire place, I didn't know she could do the standing kneel and how she even got like that I am not sure. But she loves the fireplace because she can see her reflection in it. All the pillows around are so she doesn't hit her head on the wood, which she does quite regularlly.












8 comments:
Oh no, you got an Evan on your hands. She even got his big cheeks. Thats what Mike gets for making fun of Evan. Next she is going to bring home a boy in a sweater vest. She is really a pretty little girl and we are so excited to come to Utah, Evan has been working on your names.
Oh my goodness, she is a quick little learner!! Good luck with keeping her away from the stairs!
NICE!! The house that we are moving into has stairs and I told Travis that we need a gate, especially since Trenton sleep walks often and his room will be right by the stairs.
I get to UT the 15th. Mom lives in Fruit Heights, if you wanted to come visit that would be great since I won't have a car until Trav shows up a couple of days later, or we could meet at Cindys the following week. Whatever is good for you works for me. We are only really busy on the weekends while we are there. Let me know.
Ok. That does seem young for stairclimbing. Too bad you don't live closer--i have 14 you could borrow. For awhile this place looked like a little prison.
K she is so smart! It must run in the genes! That's got to be like some kind of record for a smart moving baby! But she does look really cute doing it!
That's so big! I love that Wally the Green Monster is involved. I'm sure she's learning a lot from him.
Oh yeah, time for a gate. Good Times. That is such a hard stage! The climbing down doesn't kick in for awhile. Good luck!!!
Wow she is a quick little one! I would get a gate for sure!! You might need a play pin for her if she learns how to climb stairs tihs quick I am sure she will master the gate soon enough! How fun, but annoying at the same time!
Post a Comment