I really can't believe that my little baby is a whole year old. Last year this time I had no idea how much my life was going to change and how much happiness our little girl was going to bring to our lives. It has been a very difficult and challenging year, especially the first 6 months when Caitlyn's favorite thing was to cry and never sleep. Yet, it has been the best year full of so many happy times and I am amazed at how much love I have for this little girl whose smile can warm your heart and make you forget all that crying and cranky times that she seems to have a lot of. This has been a crazy weekend full of parties for our little princess. Saturday was her first party with her little friends in the neighborhood. It was a princess themed party and Caitlyn had a ton of fun, until the other kids tried to play with her toys. She is an only child that is still grasping the concept of sharing. I will post all the pictures from the party later, I only have an hour while Cailtyn is asleep to make sure I get this post in. Then on Sunday we had the Richards family party which was a party all about Caitlyn and brought to you by the number 1 and the letter C. The party was so much fun and Caitlyn entertained the crowd like no other. That girl is hilarious when she gets around people. She knows hat she is cute and will milk it for all it's worth. She loved opening her presents and was not so happy when her cousin Ben tried to help her with the wrapping paper. Let's just say that she all ready has the look of death down, her poor future husband doesn't have a chance! The most exciting news of the day was that Caitlyn took her first step!! Yeah!! I was so shocked and happy. She was just standing there with her presents and then she stepped up onto one of them. We got it on video but I have no idea how to download it onto the computer. Mike had to get the fancy HD camera and it won't work with our old computer. But she did it, so hopefully it won't be long now. She wants to walk so bad and it will make her life so much easier, mine harder but that is alright it has to happen sometime. So in honor of her birthday here are 12 fun facts about our little roo-bear:
1. Caitlyn has now mastered 2 1/2 words - Dad, her very first word - Ball, which she says for everything and I think is the cutest thing ever - and Mom - that is only a half a word because she only says it when she is crying or I am not here to hear it.

2. Cailtlyn's favorite foods are Eggo's and veggie rice, rice with a bunch of vegetables in it, I try to be healthy to make up for the 4 Eggo's a day.
3. Caitlyn's favorite shows are: Backyardigans, High School Musical 2, Shrek 2 - she thinks donkey is funny, and Baby's First Signs. As a disclaimer, she only likes the songs in most of those shows and one episode of Backyardigans (eureka) - she is already opinionated and picky!
4. Caitlyn's new favorite thing is to see how many things she can fit into her arms and then try to crawl with them. I think it is funny and just watch her and laugh forever. She also gets very attached to one thing for the day, like a roll of fabric, and then moves onto something new the next day. Notice the cracker in her mouth also, she couldn't figure out how to eat it without dropping something - the trials of life!! :)
5. Caitlyn loves to sit in the love sac and just lounge back and suck her thumb, it is the cutest thing ever. This is when she was sick so it wasn't so much fun. Ever since then she likes to lounge and watch a little bit of her show - only about 5 minutes, because she still has a very short attention span!!
6. Caitlyn loves to climb! Anything and everything, mostly the stairs but she has moved onto new things like her chair and the love sac which helps her get onto the couch and the side table which is her favorite place for some reason. She is crazy!!
7. Caitlyn makes the funniest faces ever. I love it!
8. Cailtyn has an fascination with hair. She loves to pull it and bury her face in it. Mostly it is my hair but we got her a few dolls and she loves their hair now, which makes my head very happy!!
9. Caitlyn has the best smile in the whole world. She can make even the worst of days better with just one little smile!
10. Caitlyn loves her Dad!! Rightfully so, he is the best dad in the whole world and he loves her more than anything and loves to play with her and make her smile!! Some of their most favorite games are: push Caitlyn around in her car, Plinko down the stairs with all the balls, Tidal wave whenever they come home and she is in her car seat, and get thrown into the love sac.
11. Caitlyn loves animals. She loves dogs, cats, horses, and pretty much any other animal. She wants them to just come and sit by her and not really move and then she is happy. She is funny and is very careful about touching them at first. It takes her awhile to warm up to most things and then she has no fear.
12. Caitlyn is the cutest, happiest, funniest, craziest, most loved, opinionated, stubborn, unique, feisty, lovable, picky, fun loving baby in the whole world! At least in my very biased opinion! We love our little roo and can't imagine life without her. She has made everything more meaningful and worthwhile and we love her more than words could ever describe. I never realized that life could be the crazy and difficult and wonderful and happy all at the same time. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

















8 comments:
Super cute! Thanks for inviting us to the party. She is one photographed, played with and loved little girl. She is lucky to have you guys for parents.
Happy Birtday cute girl! Hope she had a fun day! Cute Birthday party on Saturday, Aliyah couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had!
She is an absolute angel. Thanks for inviting us to her party. We enjoyed it along with those yummy cupcakes and those cute tutus you made. You are so talented. I could tell RJ had tons of fun. His sisters loved the crown that I brought home....as you can see they loved putting it on him! It was fun reading about Caitlyn....she is so cute!!!
Uh apparenly my invite to Caitlyn's party got lost in the mail. I like cupcakes too, ya know. Heehee. She's too cute. looking more and more like her dad everyday.
Happy Birthday little Caitlyn!!
Happy Birthday Caitlyn! She is a cutie!
I still don't understand how the turn one so quickly...can't we turn back the clock and keep them little? This is such a fun collection of pictures from her past. She looks like she is such a happy little girl with two parents who absolutely adore her!
She is so cute and I can't believe she is one!
Thanks for inviting us to her b-day party!
You are such a good Mom!
Post a Comment